- You must fill out a physical form, sign it and mail it.
- You must register or change your address at least 30 days before an election in Georgia.
- There are special requirements if you register for the first time in Georgia by mail. (See below)
- Once you are registered to vote, you will receive a Voter Precinct Card which lists your voting location and representative districts.
Qualifications To Register
- You must be a citizen of the United States
- You must be resident of Cobb County
- You must be at least 17 Ĺ years old (but you canít vote until you turn 18)
Where To Register
- You may print the form, which you must sign and mail in. Link to application
- Visit us in person at our office:
Cobb Board of Elections Main Office
736 Whitlock Ave., Suite 400
Marietta GA 30064
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Call us at (770) 528-2581 and we will mail you an application.
- Register to vote when you get your driver's license.
- Pick up an application at government service centers, city halls, or senior centers.
- Register at any Cobb County Library when you apply for a library card; or any time you are at a library you may pick up a blank application and mail it in yourself. Click here for a link to the libraries and their information.
When To Register
- The last day to register for any election is 30 days prior to that election
- Any mail-in applications must be postmarked by 30 days prior to that election
- If you move, you must notify us 30 days prior to any election
- If you are not sure if you are registered, please call or email us first. Duplicate registrations cost us a lot of time!
- If you move to another county, you must re-register in that county, using the State of Georgia Application for Voter Registration form. (No other forms, even if we send them to you, will "work" to register you in another county.)
- Note: If you move within Cobb County you must notify us 30 days prior to any election.
- If you have moved at all, do not assume you are still registered. You must notify us of your new address
- If you are not sure if you are registered, please check first on the Secretary of Stateís Web site.
Registering for the First Time in Georgia by Mail
If the first time that you register in Georgia you do it by mail, there is an additional requirement. Enclose a copy of one of the allowable types of I.D. in the same envelope with your registration application. I.D. for First Time by Mail Registrants.
If you forget to enclose your I.D. with your application, it could delay your voting process the first time you go to the polls.
736 Whitlock Ave.
Marietta GA 30064
P.O. Box 649
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm